Monday, January 5, 2009

And now for something completely different...

So, I have my old desktop computer set up on a bookshelf at the end of my bed in my bedroom. I have paired down the unnecessary software and tried to eliminate all needless processes so that the computer can mainly be used as a media center which will play my music, dvd's and videos. On account of the age of the monitor, about 6 years old, I like to put on a screen saver for when the computer is not being actively listened too, i.e. when I go to sleep... maybe if I go to sleep is more apropos... Anywho, I was looking through the basic, Windows XP screensaver options when I saw the option for Slideshow from My Pictures. Now, I have not looked at any of the pictures on this computer in probably about a year or so, so I have little to no clue what files I had placed in my pictures.
Now is the point where everyone expects the worst... something sick and perverted. Well, you folks could not be more wrong. It turns out the majority of the files in the my picures folder are from my step sister Melissa's wedding. I have not looked at pictures from there wedding in probably about a good year and a half, or so. These pictures also include several candid shots from The Essen Haus the night before the wedding. There are several things that are especially striking me about this impromptu slide-show down memory lane. One, I forgot how long my hair used to be. I know, it's only been about five months since I cut my hair, but the pictures of me with long hair still throw me off. Second, I love how goofy my step sister and her husband are together... and how goofy my cousin and her husband are... and how goofy the majority of my aunts and uncles are... and how awesome it is that they are goofy... and how happy they look.
Maybe that's the secret to happiness. Staying goofy, even in the midst of a beautiful wedding. Goofyness definitely seems to be where it's at. I want to make a vow to be more goofy.

No comments: