Thursday, March 12, 2009

Let's try an oldy....

Hey folks. I've been busy lately. Sorry I have slowed down the postings. I will try and do better. I found myself at a Mind, Body, and Spirit Expo this last weekend and I found I had to use the rest room. The hotel had wonderful facilities, but the only reading material readily available were pamphlets that all contained the words "Ancient", "Modern" and "Spiritual" waaaaaay too much. I had to find something else to occupy my mind... so I decided to write a sonnet. Why the hell not. It's something to do... and here it is. Enjoiez!!!

Sonnet #2

Oh what dark and misty morn

To twist and fight and tame thee

To rip asunder and leave torn

The definition maybe

Enightened, clock and hour time

A stab within the bottle

A merriment of whim and rhyme

At once both wrought and cottled

A furious future frenzied past

A twig upon the pyre

The dark eternal free at last

And all now see the liar

To verse and song and turn of phrase

The immortal spirit forever lazed

That's it. I think most of it rhymes...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So, let me get this straight. You wrote this while in the bathroom, supposedly using the toliet, at a public event?

Odd place, but I guess one can never control when the writing bug strikes.