Tuesday, October 14, 2008

...ve decided to lea...

Welcome back to this touching, multi-part miniseries of J Mo's personal improvement feed. I can't let this go too long or I may bore myself in continuing to write this drivel, but I have made my first decision on what I am going to start and finish.

Drum roll, please.....

Alright, it's not really that exciting. But, hell, in my opinion, very little is truly exciting. Probably the reason I feel bored most the time. Yet, I digress. I have decided to learn th Agustin Barrios song "Julia Florida" all the way through on guitar. Yes, I know, both astonishing and regime changing. Well, I am just trying to start somewhere and I really like this song. It's quite pleasant. Also, learning the first few pages of a classical guitar song and then not finishing it was one of the first routine behaviors that hallmarked this blessed state I am in right now, so I figure to do that psycho-bull shiat way and try to start at the earliest known memory. That's what they do, right? I may be making this entirely up.

On a related side note, the song "Julia Florida" is what is referred to in Latin American culture as a barcarola. The most literal translation of this is "boat song" and, as an idiom, it refers to a type of love song that proper gentlemen around the turn of the century and before the second world war would play to woo women while they were taking leisurely sojourns on boats. For some reason, this brings to my mind an image of a pussycat and an owl playing a banjo. Was this a nursery rhyme or am I just that insane? Anyways, the song is quite loverly and I hope, someday, to be able to play the whole thing for a woman on a boat... perhaps next Tuesday.

1 comment:

Lil' Barny said...

Dude, all ya gotta do is buy dem chicks a coupla yayger bahms and der all over ya!