Thursday, October 9, 2008

A commercial grabbed me...

Alright, so I am watching the post-prime time cartoons on my24 Milwaukee (WCGV) when a commercial for a local childcare company comes on. I guess it might be more proper to call it a nursery school. Or a Babysitting Prison... I'm not sure, I am not used to the terminology. All I know is that when I drive through some of the more, ummmmmm, how to put it properly... ethnically diverse neighborhoods in the fine borough of Milwaukee, there seem to be about, on average, 17 childcare facilities per block. I figure they must be some kind of drug fronts...
Anyways, I am getting entirely off the point here. The commercial was for a place by the name of Milwaukee School for the Arts... I think. It has been awhile now. I am typing and editing quite slowly tonight. So, what got me was that they had a song for the school set to the tune of "It's a Hard Knocks Life". Now, what kind of advertising genius would put a song that is essentially a song about orphans getting beaten in a commercial for a child care facility. I just don't get it. Do people get paid to do this shit? Wow. Just a quick one. I'm tired and must sleep now. Ciao, tutti..

2 comments:

Lil' Barny said...

"Milwaukee School of Arts, for us!"

I saw this just the other day and had the same thought.

"Instead of kisses we get kicks." Ummmmm...they kick the kids? Maybe the kids get to kick-it!

Have you seen the commercial for the super militant looking one?

Lil' Barny said...

Oh yeah...

Thanks for making My TV 24 the HOTTEST My TV station in the country!